Sunday, March 30, 2008

{Sunday with the folks}

It was an impromptu lunch gathering with our folks. As we were preparing to cook lunch for my parents, Calvin suggested getting his parents & sister over as well. Which is a great idea! His dad has been asking us to organise a get-together with my parents ever since CNY. So we got them over and I got a bit stressed!

It's the first time I cook for my parents and his parents! I know my parents would eat whatever I cook and however it tastes. But I can't cook crap for his parents!! OMG! Thank God the dishes I planned to cook were the simple ones that I've cooked before. So it can't go that wrong... haha..

It turned out to be a seafood themed lunch. We had prawns, fish and scallops. It was a late lunch and since everyone was famished, I didn't manage to take any photos... Here's the simple mini menu:

Steamed Salmon | Spicy Shrimps | Stirfried Kailan with Scallops | Chai Poh Omelette

* * *
After Calvin's parents left, I brought out my handsome new gadget to show my dad. And I realised he owns a Nikon DSLR (can't remember which model)! hmmm... I should have gotten a Nikon huh.. we would have been able to share lenses! But then again, think I might still have preferred a Canon, because I used to work on this account... it's called brand loyalty. ha!

Labels: ,

 
Posted by minimin at 5:00 PM |


0 Comments: