Monday, May 19, 2008

{TTT @ BKK}

Train-The-Trainer at Bangkok. That's what it means. That's what I'm here for. Some months back, I got an email to inform me that I'm 1 of 3 nominated to attend this course and it asked if I wanna take it on. I jumped at the opportunity! I wanna be a trainer! I'm excited, honoured and flattered to be given this opportunity!

Only downside, I'll be away for an entire week and I'll be leaving on a public holiday - robbed of a day of rest, a day of quality time with my busy husband.

The hotel that they put us in is beeeautiful... it's called Sukhothai. My colleague who came here sometime back for a conference described it this way, "the whole city may be in a mayhem, but once you step into Sukhothai, you step into a different world, a solitary retreat." And the room is soooo cosy... wish I have more time to spend in the room! haha

When I stepped into the training room this afternoon, I'm amazed at how the trainers have decorated the room and made it really nice with lots of butterflies - every decorative item has butterfly motifs! It symbolises transformation. I'm all ready to be inspired!

Today, we learnt about adult learning principles and how to write well-formed outcomes for the training modules that we develop. By the end of the training, we would have (in our teams) crafted training modules, presented them, have them critiqued, and would be ready to roll it out in our own markets. Sounds like hard work in 4.5 days? I think so...

Time to rest and gear up for another 4 long days. And then, it'd be shopping shopping shopping in one night - Friday night! Yippee!

Labels:

 
Posted by minimin at 11:17 PM |


0 Comments: