Saturday, May 03, 2008

{BD #3: A dinner date with my husband}

Calvin kept me away from him for a while on May Day as he was making some calls and didn't want me to hear his conversations. He was making plans and reservations for my birthday dinner tonight. (^__^) He couldn't take leave on the 6th so we've decided to go on a date in advance.

I bought myself a sweet purple babydoll dress for my birthday and Calvin asked me to wear it today. I also got him a pink polo Tee which he wore for our date too. Both are from Springfield... I'm beginning to like the apparels from this label.
* * *

We rode in the nice evening weather towards Bt Timah. I guessed he was bringing me to some restaurants in the area. But when he turned into PIE, I decided not to make any more guesses. So I just enjoyed the safe breezy ride behind my man. He then turned into Fairways Drive, where the Saddle Club is. It's like turning into a place that's out of Singapore. We had to slow down the ride as the signs say "Dead Slow. Horses Crossing." We were riding alongside a horse that was being brought out for a walk by its young owner. Damn cool!!!
* * *

We were very early and we walked around to take some pictures. We really felt like we've just left Singapore. There were ang mos all around... stuck up ang mos to be exact! These ang mo ladies actually spoke loudly amongst themselves when I was taking this shot, saying, "Ask her to stop taking photos!" I was in a beautifully fabulous mood and I wasn't gonna let these brown-haired, fair-skinned foreigners affect me.
* * *

Calvin brought me to this place called Mimolette. I've never heard of it so I was really pleasantly surprised when we got here. The decor and ambience are just mesmerizing.
* * *

Colonial-styled hanging lamps give the restaurant a very warm and cosy atmosphere.
* * *

Cushioned armchairs give a sense of grandness to the restaurant.
* * *

My handsome date completes the beautiful evening.
* * *

A waitress came up to me before any of our orders were served to tell me this, "Sorry mdm, it's our company policy that you can't take photos of the food served." Fine. So this was closest we got to getting some food snaps.

The food is really really good! Every dish is just almost perfect. Kudos to the chef! We had Asparagus Soup and Oxtail Fettucini as appetisers, Pan-seared Tenderloin and Pan-seared Cod Fish for mains and shared an Angel Food Cake for dessert. Think we'll be back soon for their Sunday brunch! yums!
* * *

We adjourned to the bar area to chill out with wine and beer and enjoyed the rest of the evening in each other's company.

We love almost everything about this place (but it's still 2nd to Senso..), except for the service. Not that it was bad service, but it just didn't match up to the warm, cosy feeling of the ambience in the restaurant. Still, we'll be back. (^__*)

Labels: ,

 
Posted by minimin at 11:46 PM |


1 Comments: