Saturday, May 24, 2008

{Back from BKK}

I'm officially a Level 1 Trainer in my company! I've learnt a lot from the amazing trainers in the 4.5 days of training. I'm inspired and totally envious! Every one of the trainers couldn't stop saying how much they love their jobs! I wanna be in that state too... doing what I love and loving what I do.

Thursday: The trainers planned a beautiful group dinner for us at Vertigo. We've heard so much about this place. It's on the top floor of Banyan Tree Bangkok. It serves great food. It has the best ambience and you can have the best view of Bangkok from this place.

We placed our orders the previous night and all bookings were made. So we met at Sukhothai lobby at 8.30pm, ready to stroll over to the restaurant 3 blocks away. When we got up to the restaurant, the host at the restaurant apologised profusely that the restaurant is closed due to the weather. It had rained earlier and was still threatening to rain when we got there. Our trainers were undescribably disappointed. The staff there tried means and ways to make other arrangements for us and it became quite a bit unpleasant. In the end, we all decided that it's the company that counts and we went back to Sukhothai pool bar to have pizzas, salads and drinks. Before we headed back, we went up to Vertigo to take a look and take some photos.

I didn't bring my camera along for the trip. Rahul, who's from Mediacom Singapore, went around helping people take photos with his Nokia handphone. Here's a photo he took.


He took my brief very well. I said I wanted lightning in the photo and he managed to capture it beautifully. :p These are my Filippino teammates - we worked on our project together. On my left is Rachelle who works in GroupM Jakarta now and on my right is Aileen who works in Mediacom Manila.

Vertigo is really really nice! I have to patronise them when I visit Bangkok again.

Friday: Training ended around 2pm. We hugged and bade farewell and set off separately - some rushed for their flight home, others (me inclusive) rushed off for some serious shopping! A few of us headed to Platinum mall together and when we got there, we went our separate ways. I was supposed to meet Allen at 7pm at Siam Square but his meeting ended earlier and he came to look for me at Platinum. I wish I had more time at the mall and I wish I had brought a bigger luggage!!

This is really a great place to stock up for your wardrobe! I bought 2 dresses, 3 shirts, 2 tops for my darling nieces, 5 T-shirts for my handsome hubs, some earrings and 1 pillowcase. I really should have brought a bigger luggage. I had wanted to buy bags and shoes but I decided to stop shopping because I knew I'd have problems stuffing them into the little space I have. Sigh... should have known myself better! haha

Saturday: Home sweet home! So good to be back in my handsome hubs' arms! (^__^)

Labels:

 
Posted by minimin at 4:58 PM |


1 Comments: