Tuesday, November 03, 2009

{Kids learn FAST!}

Kids really pick things up very very fast! They absorb concepts like a sponge! I remember months back, I was playing with Gabby and making her laugh by making the "boo boo" sounds with my lips. The next day, she did that to me! And I was so surprised she could do that!
* * *

Sometime in late September, I started playing "Hi-5" with her. I did it repeated to her one morning just before I brought her to school. Shortly after, when I raised my hands before her and said "Hi-5", she actually responded!



The weekend before I went to KL, Gabby "accidentally" managed to sit up on her own while she was playing on the mat. And when I got back from KL the next weekend, Calvin told me that Gabby can "officially" sit up on her own while I was away...



Everytime my dad drops us off at Gabby's school, she'd be totally distracted by the passing MRT or other children coming to school or the festive decorations in the building. She would ignore Gong Gong whenever he says bye-bye to her. On 22 Oct, both my dad and I were pleasantly surprised when she actually waved to him when he said bye-bye to her! In fact, just before we got to school that day, I suddenly noticed that she was waving vigorously in the car. I turned and saw that she was actually waving to the couple in the car next to ours. She probably got "addicted" to waving and that's why she responded to Gong Gong shortly after. haha... thanks to that couple who encouraged her unknowingly while playing with her.

3 days later, she spontaneously waved bye-bye to me as I was walking out of the infant care room! Even Teacher Sally was very surprised... It was the first time she waved bye-bye to me since we brought her to school 5.5 months ago!




My dad's really quite good at "training" babies. Sometime ago, he put her on the exercise ball to train her sense of balance. On 25 Oct, he put her on the sofa facing the back. She used the back of the sofa as a support and climbed up to stand on her own without much hesitation. My dad then used a toy to lure her to walk. And she did just that! Holding on to the back of the sofa, she slowly step by step inched towards the toy! Gosh.. I'm amazed! So we just kept letting her practise. To and fro, to and fro at the back of the sofa. And she seemed totally happy with this activity. :D

It was also on this day that Gabby learnt how to crawl on her knees and hands, with her tummy off the ground!



Time really flies!

Labels: ,

 
Posted by minimin at 2:47 PM |


0 Comments: