Monday, December 08, 2008

{32 weeks & a wedding-ful weekend}

I attended 4 weddings this weekend!

1. Dec 5, Fri night: Yew Leong & Mavis @ Mandai Orchid Garden
It was a simple and yet beautifully sweet wedding. They wrote their own vows and both of them delivered their vows in the most beautiful and touching way. The picture on the left shows the wedding favours they prepared... how apt for the theme and venue of the celebration.

2. Dec 7, Sun afternoon: Adrian & Kaylene @ Grand Corpthorne Waterfront
Adrian is Calvin's army friend. When we got to the hotel, we saw 4 bridal cars parked outside the hotel lobby. This is really an auspicious day for weddings! Kaylene played a tune on the piano dedicated to her parents as a gesture to thank them for bringing her up.

3. Dec 7, Sun night: Mei'er & Weiwen @ Pin Si Restaurant
Soon after we got home from the wedding luncheon, we had to get ready for the 2nd wedding event for the day. It felt like we were rushing for our own wedding.. haha... This is one of the "biggest" wedding I went to. They had close to 70 tables I think. The food at this restaurant is really good! Calvin ordered rice because he has had enough of "wedding dishes"... and he had THREE bowls! hahaha.. true blue "fan tong" husband I have...

4. Dec 8, Mon night: Joan & Sebastian @ Swissotel Merchant Court
This day is indeed very very special for the couple. It's both Joan & Seb's birthday. They ROM'd on this day last year. And today is their customary wedding. Imagine... one year one mega celebration - both their birthdays, ROM anniversary, customary anniversary... all rolled into 1 day.

PHEW! I've never attended so many weddings in such a short time frame. Of course, I had to go back to Maternity Exchange to see what they have for this growing tummy to look good at all these weddings. I rented 2 cocktail dresses - the black low-back halter one that I rented for Audrey's wedding and another black & white satin floral tube dress. I also bought a pair of low black heels so I don't have to spoil the look of these pretty dresses by wearing flats... :p

At Adrian's wedding, one of Calvin's army friend sitting across the table was asking me when we're planning to have kids... I leaned back on my seat and showed him the tummy that's hidden by the table... haha.. he was shocked and I could tell from his facial expression that he's counting back and thinking how long has it been since our wedding. wahahaha!! Hey friend... it's been more than a year. For the record, we got pregnant about 8 months after our wedding. And now, we're 8 weeks from receiving God's beautiful gift into our arms. (^_^)

Labels: ,

 
Posted by minimin at 11:51 PM |


0 Comments: