Friday, April 23, 2010

{Morning walks}

Gabby started going to infant care when she's about 3.5 months old. Then, my dad was still working and he would send us to the infant care centre (ICC) when he's not on morning shift. Other days, I would have to lug my bag and Gabby's bag and carry her in the sling and walk to the ICC. Now thinking about it, I really enjoy those walks, with her so close to me. I would sing to her, talk to her and pray over her along the way.

Some months back, my dad quit his job and became his princesses' chauffeur. I was so blessed with his daily ferrying. He would send us to ICC every morning and I never had to perspire early in the morning again. And he would wait patiently at the carpark while I settle Gabby in school. And then he would drive us to Bendemeer hawker centre to have the BEST fried bee hoon in the world for breakfast. And then he will send me to school. I was so pampered... Thank you Sok Sok!

Just a week ago, my dad sold off his car. And now, I'm back to the days of walking Gabby to school. Now that she's older (and bigger and heavier), we would put her in the daytripper instead of the sling. And we'd leave the daytripper in school so my parents can use it when they bring her home in the evening. I'm beginning to enjoy these walks again, although I do miss being ferried to work every morning and being able to knock out on the way to work...


Gabby enjoying a bit of beautiful morning sun while waiting to cross the road.
Gabby's mommy enjoying the walk with her precious daughter.

Labels:

 
Posted by minimin at 10:32 PM |


2 Comments: