Saturday, September 26, 2009

{Teething Rusks}

I actually forgot to pen down the date those little bottom teeth broke through Gabby's gums! That was about a couple of weeks back. Last weekend, Gabby got back into the refusing milk phase, just like what happened when the bottom teeth were coming out. I think her top 2 are coming out soon...

I was grocery shopping after my haircut last Friday while waiting for Calvin to come pick me up. Found this Teething Rusks on the shelves and I decided to see if it'd help soothe Gabby's discomfort. Even if it doesn't, at least she's biting something edible! She's at this stage where anything that gets into her hands, gets into her mouth too... Everything!

I finally gave Gabby a stick today. I put her into the Bumbo and put on the table top. It's the first time I put the table top on and Gabby seems to know! She never had the table top on whenever we feed her cereal. She's in eager anticipation for something exciting.



When I first handed her the rusk, she didn't know what it was. She seems to be thinking, is this a toy or is this food?? She kept waving it in the air initially. But then, it didn't take long for her to bring it to her mouth.



Hmmmm... what is this thing? No taste one...



She seemed to have decided that it's a toy... haha... She was playing with it, biting both ends and waving it in the air.



I read an article that says if we eat together with our baby and show interest in food with her, she will learn to enjoy mealtimes. As I wanted to know what the rusks taste like, I decided to "eat" it with Gabby. I took a stick out for myself and showed her that I was eating it with her. She got so excited and so happy! It's the first time we "ate" together and she was extremely happy to have Mommy eat with her! I was very pleasantly surprised by her reaction. I didn't know it really could make such a big difference to my precious baby that I'm eating with her!

We placed an order for a high chair and it'd be delivered in 2 weeks. When it arrives, Gabby is gonna have her meals with us! Can't wait for that to happen.

Labels: ,

 
Posted by minimin at 8:12 PM |


0 Comments: