Saturday, August 11, 2007

{My "Sunflower" Cupcakes}

We invited Calvin's secondary school friends over for a gathering: to pass them our "red bomb" or should it be "black bomb" (haha); and to thank them for the mixer. So, I thought it'd be good if I could prepare some food using the mixer as a gesture of appreciation.

With Yuxiang's recipe, tips and encouragement, I decided to give the Billy's [Eric's] Vanilla, Vanilla Cupcakes a shot. [Esther, next up will be the mini min cheesecakes that you dedicated to me.. hehe]

I've always loved the pretty, cheery look that cupcakes exude. But, friends who know me will know that I don't eat cakes. The only kind of cakes that I eat are chiffon cakes [pandan cake is the best!]... at best, non-creamy cakes. So, I cracked my head a bit to think about how I should decorate my cupcakes. Cos I definitely want to eat my own cupcakes... I found the chocolate that I used for fondue and I decided that is it! Chocolate toppings for my cupcakes! There you go... My 1st attempt at baking (alone!).

Made some mistakes and learnt from them... Practice makes perfect. (^__*)

Labels: ,

 
Posted by minimin at 11:57 PM |


5 Comments:


  • At Fri Aug 17, 10:48:00 PM 2007, Blogger mushroomgarden

    wow!!! so pretty!!! Keep practising. by the time i come back, u will be expert liaos!

     
  • At Fri Aug 17, 11:45:00 PM 2007, Blogger estherlim

    Heee... Min, if I add a pair of eyes on ur cupcakes they will look like this teeth smiling @ us ;p
    ___OO___
    \ (||||||) /
    \______/

    I love your food presentation!!! Ur cupcakes parade salute on one side are really special :) Keep it up!!!

     
  • At Sat Aug 18, 01:37:00 PM 2007, Anonymous Anonymous

    SO COOL!!

    I can't wait for the cupcake-decorating competition (;

     
  • At Tue Aug 21, 04:36:00 PM 2007, Blogger minimin

    thank u!!! this is soooo encouraging! :D

    Sarah, I can't wait for the cupcake-decorating competition too!!

    YX, Esther... I'm planning for a cupcake decorating competition for my nieces when they're back from US. Maybe you girls can come be the judges! hehe.. I'm sure we're gonna have soooo much fun!

     
  • At Wed Aug 22, 09:59:00 AM 2007, Blogger estherlim

    Haha, sound fun to me ;) When is this happening event???